Friday 4 November 2011

FATHER TOPS BUSINESS CHARTS, SON AIMS FOR MUSIC CHARTS.

RUFUS CAUDWELL
PRESS RELEASE
@johndcaudwell

November 7, 2011.

FATHER TOPS BUSINESS CHARTS, SON AIMS FOR MUSIC CHARTS.

His father may have spent years at the top of the business success charts, but Rufus Caudwell, son of entrepreneur and philanthropist John Caudwell, has his sights set on the music charts.

GCSE student Rufus, 16, from Macclesfield, has been developing his musical talents and recorded a number of videos and tapes.

“He’s demonstrating a talent for music which makes me wonder whether the Caudwell business genes have jumped a generation in favour of vocal and creative abilities,” said John.

“He’s been quietly developing as a guitarist and singer, and I’ve even invited him to play and sing at family parties.

“That’s no mean feat as it turns out, because my children’s charity is supported by a number of people from the entertainment industry who have become friends – so Rufus has found himself performing in front of some pretty talented names, some with a bit of experience of topping the music charts.”

Rufus said: “I’m writing my own material, but it’s important for people to recognise I have a passion for what I’m doing, so for now I’m showcasing my voice and guitar-playing by doing recognisable cover versions of my favourite artists’ songs so people can judge for themselves whether I have a talent.

“I’ve been immersed in music for years – I love it - if I could be a fraction as successful in music as my dad has been in business then I’ll be pretty pleased.”

Rufus’ style – “chilled acoustics” - is inspired by artists such as Damien Rice, Boyce Avenue and Ed Sheeren, with some friends saying he sounds like David Gray.

Follow this link to see and hear Rufus Caudwell: http://bit.ly/pTmKdb

In 2006 John Caudwell sold his 10,000-employee mobile phone business, which included Phones 4u, for £1.5bn. John now concentrates on charitable and philanthropic work including Caudwell Children @caudwellkids.

Ends

Further information:

Iain Macauley
im@pressrelations
07788 978800
@johndcaudwell





No comments:

Post a Comment