Sunday 8 July 2012

Lands End to John O'Groats

Twitter: @johndcaudwell
Garmin - locate the riders: https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/login.htm
Username: Landsend2012
Password: caudwellchildren

 
I have had thousands of fabulous days cycling in my life, with quite a few bad days and I think yesterday was by far possibly the worst ever! It was only 110 miles from Glencoe to Tain, we have been doing 20+ miles more than that on previous days, but against really heavy headwinds and with everybody in a state of exhaustion, it seemed much further.

Brian and I are still nursing extremely bad knees; and the pain now seems never ending.

Again, we didn’t arrive at the hotel until 11.30pm last night, having gone through about 5 hours of rain, with temperatures of 7 degrees. We were completely soaked, frozen through and absolutely exhausted!

The last day is going to be another hard day – we all just want to be at the finish now.

No comments:

Post a Comment