Wednesday 4 July 2012

Lands End to John O' Groats


Twitter: @johndcaudwell
Garmin - John's personal history: Day 2 http://bit.ly/Rab1JI
Garmin - locate the riders: https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/login.htm
Username: Landsend2012
Password: caudwellchildren

Yesterday was Tiverton to Leominster. The pace slowed dramatically to an average of only 14mph. I don’t know whether this was pure fatigue or the weather and the steepness of the hills, but it was one of the toughest cycle rides ever.

My knees, back and backside were all screaming the whole way and it does make me worry about my body’s ability to cope with the extreme distances ahead. It is the distance that is the problem. We get into the hotel so late that there is little time to eat and to prepare for the next day and then it is up at 6am and away again.

Anyway I am hoping, that somehow today is a better day, that my ibruprofen knees hold up and that we do Leominster to Lancaster in better style then we did yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poppa, this sounds horrendous! But you will prevail, with your crazy man drive and mental control. Everyone really MUST sponsor! Will post everywhere! Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete